The Traveler


 All thru the new testament you will find that Jesus traveled, even as a young infant.  His family traveled to Egypt from Bethlehem, then to Nazareth, and back and forth to Jerusalem.  During his journeys with his disciples they all traveled.  After he ascended his Word has traveled all over this world to enable all people to know him.  And the word has travel by people.

Travel has been in my life also, since a young child, traveling all over California.  As a teenager I traveled all over the US, and as a young adult I did some traveling also.  Then when I got older I tried to put roots down for a while in certain places, but always finding myself traveling somewhere else.  I either needed to travel to live or traveled to explore and vacation.  Even at the age of 57, I am looking at traveling near and far.

So, I believe it can be within us to be travelers.  And sometimes we need to travel to other locations to start a new life.  I've done that many times in order to try and have a full life, I have traveled to set up roots in new areas for a fresh start and to help myself grow.  Don't get too attached to one area of this world.  

I also believe that the traveling is put into me by God.  He can uproot me very easily and put me somewhere else and I just go along with it.  With the fork in the road during this time period of my life I believe that I just might be embarking on another travel.  Everything pinpoints to traveling in my future.  Going to Greece is one of the travels I am looking forward to going.

And so, I will give into God and let him take me wherever he feels I need to be.  I will look to evolve into the person God created me to be.  Sometime ago I felt him tugging on me to understand that traveling can be an important issue in my life, and there is nothing wrong with it.

So, if you find yourself uprooting and leaving all that you know behind, you can understand that this uprooting is a natural issue.  I have learned to see it as a natural issue because it has happened so many times.  Then I look at the life of my Lord, and all the traveling he did, even to the desert and I see how letting go of roots in this world, is better for you, and putting your roots in God is more important.



Comments

Popular Posts